Service Pack 1 for version 8.1.00: 8.1.01
This topic contains information about fixes and updates in this service pack, and provides instructions for downloading and installing the service pack.
Service Pack 1 provides the following enhancements.
The following enhancements affect the Work Information feature:
- The way that the Work Information permissions are implemented across the BMC Remedy ITSM applications has been standardized. For a description of the new Work Information permissions, see Work info sub-component permissions for version 8.1.01 and later.
- When using the Classic View, user IDs that do not have permission to update an incident request or a problem investigation can now add a Work Information entry to the record using the Add to Work Info History button. See To add work information to a record when using the Classic view for a description of how to do this.
The following enhancement applies to the record counts on the Incident Management and Problem Management consoles:
- The way that the Counts area of the Incident Management and the Problem Management consoles works has been standardized. The applications now update the counts dynamically to reflect the way that you are filtering the contents of the console table. For more information about the Counts field, see Functional areas of the Incident Management console and Functional areas of the Problem Management console.
The following enhancements were made to the Task feature:
- When creating task templates, the system administrator can now categorize them in a hierarchy of up to three tiers. This makes it easier to organize large libraries of task templates and easier for you to locate and select a specific template. For a description of how to located and select a task template in the new hierarchy, see Adding tasks using task templates.
- You can now send an email note directly from the Task form. For information about how to do this, see Sending email from a task: version 8.1.01 and later.
Enhanced Incident Routing
Incident routing rules are now expanded to use more CI attributes so that the tickets are assigned to appropriate groups and the right personnel. Correct routing and assignment speeds up the incident resolution process.
You can now assign incidents based on the following routing options:
- CI Location
- Supported By group for Causal or Service CIs
- Resolution Product Categories
- Product Name
- Operational Categories
In Incident Management, a new CI Based Routing and Assignment Option section is added on the Incident Rules form. Before you can use the enhanced functionality, you must first enable CI-based routing. For more information, see Enabling CI-based routing.
Key corrected issues
This section contains a list of issues that have had a significant impact on how customers use the BMC Remedy ITSM products and which are corrected in this release.
- You can now use localized strings to perform searches from the selection fields on the SYS:Predefined Queries form. This means that customers who use localized installations of BMC Service Desk can now perform searches using this form in their own, localized language. For more information about this issue, see SW00408133
- Many issues related to German language localisation have been corrected, which make it much easier for German speakers to use the BMC Service Desk application. For more information about the corrected German language issues, see SW00447803 and SW00458447, as well as other related issues listed in Known and corrected issues.
For more information about other corrected issues in BMC Service Desk 8.1 Service Pack 1, see Known and corrected issues.
Downloading the service pack
For download instructions, see Downloading service packs.
Installing the service pack
To avoid import failures, upgrade BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Atrium Core to 8.1.01 before installing BMC Remedy ITSM Suite 8.1.01.