Downloading service packs
This section provides the information that you need to search and download service packs from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
To find and download service packs from the EPD website
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to http://www.bmc.com/available/epd.html
- Enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- Click Download Product.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile on the Profiles tab; otherwise, skip to step 7:
- Under Localized Languages, select the language for the service pack.
- Under Install Platforms, select the platforms to download for the service pack.
- Click Save Profile.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and select the Licensed Products tab.
- Click BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite from the list of available products.
- From the Version menu and the Platform menus, select the version and for which platform you want to download files.
- Click any of the following tabs:
Products—Displays the product files and SAP BusinessObjects related files available for download.
- Patches—Displays the patch and service pack files available for download.
- License Information—Displays the files related to licenses.
- Documentation—Displays the Online Technical Documentation Portal links and the offline zip files of the documentation available for download.
- Select the check boxes next to the files and documents that you want to download.
- To download the selected items, click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an e-mail message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively, and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the AkamiNetSession Client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum is used to verify file integrity automatically.