Adding new fields to the overlay
After you build the database union structure, you add any new fields to the SHR:Union_OverviewConsole overlay.
To add new fields to the overlay
- Open BMC Remedy Developer Studio in Best Practice Customization mode.
- In the Form list, locate the SHR:Union_OverviewConsole form.
- If an overlay has not yet been created for the form, right-click the form name in the list and select Create Overlay.
The form opens automatically.
- If you did not create the overlay in the preceding step, double-click the form name in the Form list to open it.
- In the view that you are customizing, select Create View Overlay from the Form menu.
- If you need to include a new custom field on the form, copy the field from the source field into the overlay.
- Position the field in the view.
This is a back-end form and is not visible to end users.
- On the Properties tab, change the View Information attributes of each field to match the union field — for example, CUSTOM_CHAR_FIELD and CUSTOM_SELECTION_FIELD.
- If the field ID number is within the reserved range of field ID numbers, change the field ID number.
- If the fields that you are copying come from the base layer (that is, they are out-of-the-box fields), modify the database name to include a prefix or suffix to ensure that the name does not conflict with any out-of-the-box fields that might be added by subsequent system upgrades.
- In a localized environment, if you are implementing selection fields, ensure that the localized alias values are set as required.
- Modify the additional field attributes, permissions, and so on, as required.
- Save the form.