BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker 21.02
Learn what’s new or changed for BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker 21.02, including new features, urgent issues, documentation updates, and fixes or patches.
To stay informed of changes to this list, click the icon on the top of this page.
|May 04, 2021
Enhancements available in this release:
To learn about product changes, see Product announcements.
|September 23, 2020
Enhancements available in this release:
|February 21, 2020
|November 22, 2019
|August 22, 2019
|May 31, 2019
|February 28, 2019
|November 30, 2018
|September 14, 2018
|May 31, 2018
|Feb 28, 2018
Ready-made PDFs are available on the PDFs and videos. You can also create a custom PDF.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
As a tenant administrator, perform the preconfiguration tasks before setting up BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker.
As a tenant administrator, set up an end-to-end integration between BMC Helix ITSM and a cloud service provider.
As a tenant administrator, refer this section to learn about integrating with vendor applications by using BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit and BMC Helix Integration Service.
As a tenant administrator, assign user roles and permissions, and update configurations post upgrade.
As a tenant administrator, integrate custom connectors, and perform custom integrations.
As a tenant administrator, resolve common issues or errors, review logs, or contact Support.
The following list displays the topics that contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation:
This section contains a list of frequently asked questions and common use cases for BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker features.
For incident brokering:
- When a service desk agent adds a comment to an incident in BMC Helix ITSM: Smart IT and clicks Share with AWS/Salesforce, the comment is added to the vendor ticket.
- When a field is updated in BMC Helix ITSM, BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker updates the corresponding vendor ticket with a comment listing the field name with the new and existing values. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker adds a comment only for those fields that are mapped when you specify technology provider and field mapping during Vendor data configuration.
- Any updates to fields in the vendor ticket are reflected in the corresponding BMC Helix ITSM incident fields. This behavior applies to the fields that are mapped when you specify technology provider and field mapping during Vendor data configuration.
- An BMC Helix ITSM incident is marked as resolved when the vendor ticket is closed based on the option you select when you specify technology provider and field mapping during Vendor data configuration.
- When a Case Comment is added to a Salesforce Service Cloud ticket, Smart IT displays the comment as an activity note for the corresponding incident.
- Status changes to a vendor ticket are reflected as an activity note on the BMC Helix ITSMincident.
- When an BMC Helix ITSM incident is Cancelled, Closed, or Resolved, the corresponding vendor ticket is Closed.
For DevOps integration:
- When a service desk agent adds a comment to the BMC Helix ITSM change request or incident (in Smart IT) and clicks Share with Jira/CA Agile Central, the comment is added to the Jira Software or Rally Software (formerly, CA Agile Central) issue.
- When a developer adds a comment to a Jira issue or user story, the comment is added to the corresponding BMC Helix ITSM change request or incident if the Viewable to all users option is selected in Jira.
- Any updates to fields in the vendor ticket are reflected in the corresponding BMC Helix ITSM incident fields.
- Status changes to a vendor ticket are reflected as an activity note on the BMC Helix ITSM incident or change request.
For more information, see the appropriate feature configuration at Configuring BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker.
The scope of My IT Service Broker, which is now a part of BMC Digital Workplace (Advanced) is limited to brokering service requests whereas BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker is focused at brokering other ITSM objects like Incident, Change, among others. It is possible that both solutions may share some connectors provided with BMC Helix Integration Service, their purpose and solution goals remains completely different.
The time required to create a new connector would depend on the third-party application you are trying to connect to and the capabilities you want to configure.
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker ships with a couple of out-of-the-box flows for select vendors but there are many other connectors that are available with BMC Helix Integration Service. These connectors could be leveraged to build flows with non-OOTB vendors.
Effort would also include getting insight about the external solution's APIs. If the vendor support REST API, it will be much easier.
Yes, some of our Remedy customers have implemented integration scenarios with different approach, incl. (but not limited to) partner solutions. As our customers move more and more to a multi-provider / multi-cloud approach to IT sourcing and have an increased need to bring DevOps and ITSM solutions closer together, BMC plans to support these uses cases with this OOTB service offering. With a BMC provided solution, we can integrate these use cases better into the user experience.
Panama is now generally available from BMC and is called BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker. You can look at BMC.com and sign-up for free trials of BMC Integration Service. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker application is built using BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker. If BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker is the Remedy Action Request System platform and BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker is ITSM.