Preparing for upgrade
The following topics describe how to prepare for an upgrade of the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite solution:
- Reviewing the compatibility matrix before upgrading
- BMC Remedy ITSM Suite components and installers
- Reviewing the upgrade requirements
- Preparing your database for an upgrade
- Completing the planning spreadsheet for an upgrade
- Downloading the installation files to upgrade
- Preparing your components and applications for an upgrade
Upgrading BMC Remedy ITSM with Process Designer Installed
Before upgrading to BMC Remedy ITSM with Process Designer installed in the environment, refer to the following table:
BMC Remedy ITSM Version
7.6.04 SP2 and later with Process Designer version 8.3.02, 8.3.03 or 8.3.04 installed.
BMC Remedy ITSM to a later version (not 9.0).
For example,upgrade BMC Remedy ITSM 8.1 SP1 to 8.1SP2.
The recommended upgrade path is to upgrade Process Designer to version 9.0 followed by the BMC Remedy ITSM upgrade.