Adding people records from a template
When you create people records from a template, part of the record is filled with standard information.
The BMC Remedy ITSM installation includes standard people templates.
To create a people record from a template
- On the Standard Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console, select the correct company.
- Click the Create link next to People. The People form appears.
- Click Select Template. The Person Template dialog box appears.
Person Template dialog box
- Enter the person's first name, middle name, last name, and login ID.
- Enter the person's phone number. Click in the phone field and press Enter. You can select a Country Code for a phone number from the list or you can enter one manually. If you omit the phone number, it is set as unknown.
Optionally, enter the email address.
An email address is required to receive email notifications.
From the list select the appropriate template, and then click Select.
If your BMC Remedy ITSM system was installed with the optional sample data, some basic People templates were included with it. You can also create your own People templates.
The dialog box closes. A message describes which other fields in the People form are required, based on the template. The People form reappears.
- Complete the required fields in the People form. For more information about the People form, see the topics that follow this one in the documentation.
- On the People form, click Add.
- To add more people records, repeat steps 3 through 9.
- When you are finished adding people records, click Close.