Making configuration changes to integrated applications
You can change and verify the settings that BMC Helix Digital Workplace uses to connect to the following applications:
- BMC Service Request Management
- BMC Helix ITSM (the enterprise application)
- Action Request System (dedicated to the BMC Helix Digital Workplace application)
- This content applies for on-premises deployment of BMC Helix Digital Workplace.
- If you are installing in a cluster, specify the Action Request System server that is enabled as the administration server. Do not specify the cluster load balancer.
To configure connection settings to related applications (providers)
A BMC Helix Digital Workplace administrator can configure the connection to any of the providers in the List of providers. For example, the LDAP provider allows administrators to send broadcasts to groups defined in LDAP. The BMC Helix CMDB provider allows you to import the content of a shared query from BMC Helix CMDB into BMC Helix Digital Workplace.To make this integration work, you must update the configuration settings with the applicable parameters, such as a service password, host name, and port number.
- From the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Admin console (http://server:port/dwp/admin), select Configuration.
- In the Providers table, click the cell related to the application that you want to configure.
- Depending on the application, change the host settings, port, or URL, or simply connect to or disconnect from the application.
When editing a field value, such as a URL, press Enter to save the change.
When you have completed your changes, click Reload providers.
BMC Helix ITSM and BMC TrueSight Operations Management settings are saved on the Action Request System server in the Applications metadata.