The inbound/outbound email integration service enables customers to open tickets in their BMC Helix applications via email and to receive notification emails for events such as ticket creation, updates, and so on.
Use this request when you want more email configuration options than are included with activation.
The following items describe normal activation activities:
- Configure inbound and outbound email functionality:
- Outbound—Configure outbound email for standard notifications via BMC servers.
- Inbound—Configure one mailbox on the customer's Helix environment via BMC servers.
Although inbound rules configuration is not part of the scope of this integration, it can be provided through your onboarding partner under a separate statement of work.
- Onboarding partner involvement—Mandatory for configuration and validation
Use of either of the following items is an exception and must be approved by BMC SaaS Operations:
- Customer inbound servers
Your email administrator and project lead should participate in the process of integrating inbound and outbound email.
To configure inbound and outbound email integration, customers must submit a request to BMC SaaS Operations through your support portal. The following information is required:
- Technical contact information — provide the technical contact name, phone, email address and preferable time to contact
- Encryption requests — for each environment, specify required, preferred or none to specify Transport Layer Security (TLS) enablement.
- Request required if an email that the sender is not willing to encrypt with TLS will be refused before it is sent, thereby preventing it from being transmitted in the clear.
- Request preferred if TLS is allowed for incoming connections to the mail transfer agent.
- Request none if TLS is not allowed for incoming connections and connections to the listener will not require encrypted SMTP conversations.
- Masquerading requests — for each environment, specify the email address masquerade. Each environment must be different, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are using the i.onbmc.com support portal, use the Request Something Else option to submit your request. BMC validates the request and works with customers to ensure that they have completed it correctly.
See Planning email integration with BMC Helix services for a description of the available options.