Data providers for BMC Helix AIOps
BMC Helix AIOps interacts with the various BMC and third-party products and components to gather events, incidents, metrics, services, and analytics information. BMC Helix Portal provides the common microservices required for tenant and identity management and product subscriptions.
Sources of data for BMC Helix AIOps
BMC Helix AIOps interacts with the following products and components to gather data and configuration information:
- BMC Helix Operations Management: Provides the metrics and events data for viewing in BMC Helix AIOps, and also provides additional topology information collected during monitoring.
BMC Helix IT Service Management: Provides incident and change request information for viewing in BMC Helix AIOps. You can view total incidents, average mean time to resolve (MTTR), and perform root cause isolation (RCI). You can cross-launch from BMC Helix IT Service Management to view Root-cause isolation in BMC Helix AIOps. You do not require additional steps for integrating Change Management with BMC Helix AIOps.
- BMC Helix Discovery: Provides Service Models or Topologies for viewing in BMC Helix AIOps. The Service to nodes traversal path can be viewed along with the individual node details.
- BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations: Uses REST APIs and Webhook mechanism for integration with BMC and third-party solutions to ingest event, CI, and topology data for monitoring in BMC Helix AIOps. It provides a click and connect capability to configure an integration.
- BMC Helix Developer Tools: Uses a Fluentd-based framework for integration with BMC and third-party solutions to ingest event, CI, and topology data for monitoring in BMC Helix AIOps. It enables you to build custom integrations for the third-party solutions for which out-of-the-box integrations are not available, and collects logs from files.
- BMC Helix Intelligent Automation: Provides the capability to request and run automation policies to remediate open events and situations. With appropriate permissions, administrators can cross-launch and create automation policies in BMC Helix Intelligent Automation.
The following table lists the type of data that each data source provides in BMC Helix AIOps.
Alerts / Events
Incidents and changes
BMC Helix IT Service Management
Services, Topology, and Configuration Items (CIs)
BMC Helix Intelligent Automation