System requirements for Presentation Server
Before installing the TrueSight Presentation Server, review the following requirements:
After you determine thesize of your environment, consult the following table for recommended hardware.
- The recommended hardware requirements apply to both physical or virtual machines.
- Parallel CPUs usually improve user response time better than a single CPU with a higher clock speed.
(Applicable to POC and medium environments only) The installer validates the system to check if the following system requirements are met. If your target computer does not meet these requirements, you cannot proceed with the installation (or upgrade). However, in a non-production environment, you can skip the system requirements validation with the
-J MINIMAL=trueparameter.Requirements for installation and upgrade
- Total RAM (in MB): 32,000
- Available RAM (in MB): 25,000
- Total swap space / page file (in MB): 8,000
- Available swap space / page file (in MB): 8,000
|Environment||Sizing requirements||Platform and size|
|POC or Demo||CPU|
|Storage configuration||100 GB|
|*Based on the latest performance testing, it is now recommended to use 32 GB RAM instead of the previously recommended 24 GB.|
|*(For 11.3.02 and later only, not supported on 11.3.01) If the infrastructure policies range from 4,000 to 20,000 and/or concurrent users range from 50 to 150, it is recommended to use 16 vCPUs.|
*Based on the latest performance testing, it is now recommended to use 48 GB RAM instead of the previously recommended 32 GB.
1 - After integrating components with the TrueSight Presentation Server if you observe that the memory consumption of the TrueSight Presentation Server is consistently growing above 80%, add additional memory as required.
Operating system requirements
Supported versions of Microsoft Windows
Microsoft Windows 2019
Microsoft Windows 2016
Microsoft Windows 2012
Microsoft Windows 2008
Installing the TrueSight Presentation Server on the Windows computer with the Korean locale is not supported as PostgreSQL 9.4.4 is not supported on the same.
A non-root user who has modification permissions to specific directories and files.
Supported versions of Linux
- BMC products are certified for use on supported operating system versions. BMC does not explicitly test for OS patches/updates that are released after a BMC product is released.
- BMC products should work fine with minor updates to these supported operating systems. For assistance, contact BMC Customer Support.
Red Hat subscription
The product requires some additional libraries to be present on the system (see list below).
The preferred method to add any missing libraries is to use the yum command to fetch the necessary library packages from the RHN (Red Hat Network) repository via the Internet. To use this method, a Red Hat subscription is needed. Register the system by clicking System > Administration > Red Hat Subscription Manager in the menu on the server itself. After registering the system, you can use
yum install to download and install the required libraries from the RHN.
If you are installing the TrueSight Presentation Server by using the graphical user interface, you must install X Windows.
On the Red Hat Enterprise Linux terminal, type
yum grouplist and check that X Window System is listed. If not, then run
yum groupinstall 'X Window System' to install the necessary packages.
Ensure that the following libraries are present to install the TrueSight Presentation Server. To install the libraries, use the following commands.
Command to install the library on RHEL
Command to install the library on SUSE
Remedy Single Sign-On is the authentication tool that must be installed and configured with the Presentation Server. The following versions are supported:
TrueSight Presentation Server versions
Remedy Single Sign-On version
9.1.03 and later
Remedy SSO latest patches and hot fixes
- If you have Remedy Single Sign-On installed, you must check and apply the relevant patches for a seamless integration with the TrueSight Presentation Server.
- Before proceeding with the patch installation, if the TrueSight Presentation Server is running, stop the TrueSight Presentation Server and back up Remedy Single Sign-On.