Deployment options for Remedy SSO with TrueSight Operations Management
All TrueSight Operations Management deployments require the Remedy Single Sign-On (or Remedy SSO) server for authenticating users and managing tenant information.
You can deploy Remedy SSO in one of the following ways:
- By using the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO - This is a consolidated installer that contains all the prerequisite software for Remedy SSO, and can be used for a unified install experience. This installer has the following limitations:
- Works only with PostgreSQL database.
- Can be used only if you are upgrading from the TrueSight Presentation Server version 10.7 or 11.0 to 11.3.01.
- By using the Remedy SSO installer - This contains only the Remedy SSO Server and doesn't contain any prerequisite software, such as JRE and Tomcat. It works with MS SQLServer, Oracle, and PostgreSQL databases.
Supported Remedy SSO versions with TrueSight Operations Management
TrueSight Presentation Server versions
|11.3.01, 11.3.02, 11.3.03
Remedy Single Sign-On version
9.1.03 and later
Remedy SSO latest patches and hot fixes
- If you have Remedy Single Sign-On installed, you must check and apply the relevant patches for a seamless integration with the TrueSight Presentation Server.
- Before proceeding with the patch installation, if the TrueSight Presentation Server is running, stop the TrueSight Presentation Server and back up Remedy Single Sign-On.
Remedy SSO installers for TrueSight Operations Management
The following table describes the functions supported by the Remedy SSO for TrueSight installer and the Remedy installer.
|Product or component
Remedy Single Sign-On for TrueSight installer
This is a consolidated installer that installs the following components:
|Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO installer)
This installs only Remedy SSO.
You must follow the documentation to download and install all the required software before running this installer.
TrueSight installer versus Remedy installer
You can install the Remedy SSO Server by using either the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO or the Remedy SSO installer. Both the installers offer the same capabilities, except for the ones listed in the following table. Based on the use case that you need, you can decide to choose one over the other.
|Ability to install PostgreSQL (version 9.6.03) with Remedy SSO.
|Ability to configure MS SQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL (any supported version) with Remedy SSO.
|Ability to share the same Remedy SSO installation with other TrueSight products.
For example, TrueSight Capacity Optimization or TrueSight IT Data Analytics.
|Ability to install the Remedy SSO Server without having to install the prerequisite software.
|Ability to install Remedy SSO in high-availability mode
(Works only with PostgreSQL.)
(Works with all the supported Databases.)
|Ability to upgrade an existing Remedy SSO Server from an earlier version
(For example, if you are an existing Remedy SSO user, who uses version 18.02 or later)
Remedy SSO installer and TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO diagram
The following illustration helps you to visualize the two options to install Remedy SSO for the TrueSight Presentation Server:
- Option 1: Download the Remedy SSO (TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO) and install. This is applicable only if you are upgrading from version 10.7 or 11.0 to 11.3.01.
- Option 2: Download the Remedy SSO (Remedy SSO installer) and install.
Migrate the internal users and user groups from Atrium SSO to Remedy SSO
If you are an existing TrueSight Presentation Server customer and planning to upgrade your environment, you must plan to migrate the internal users and internal user groups from Atrium SSO to Remedy SSO as part of Remedy SSO deployment task. Use the following table to decide when to migrate the user data:
- If you are upgrading from the TrueSight Presentation Server 10.7 or earlier version to 11.3.01 and later versions, do the following:
- Install Remedy SSO (any supported version)
- Migrate internal users groups and internal users from Atrium SSO to Remedy SSO. For more information, see Migrating internal user data from Atrium SSO to Remedy SSO topic.
- If you are upgrading from TrueSight Presentation Server version 11.0 to 11.3.01 and later, there is no need to migrate the internal user groups and internal users again.