Remedy SSO system requirements for TrueSight Operations Management
Before installing the Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) Server, which is a prerequisite product for the TrueSight Presentation Server, ensure that its target system meets the following requirements.
Before you proceed, consult the Deployment options for Remedy SSO with TrueSight Operations Management topic to determine whether to use the Remedy installer or the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO for installing Remedy SSO.
If you have an existing Remedy SSO server installation (must be one of the supported versions) in your environment, which you want to configure with the TrueSight Presentation Server installation and do not plan to freshly install or upgrade Remedy SSO, do the following:
- Ensure that your current Remedy SSO meets all the system requirements to configure with the Presentation Server.
- Continue to review Planning the Presentation Server deployment.
Remedy SSO version note
BMC recommends that you refer to the product documentation corresponding to the version of Remedy SSO that you are planning to install and configure with the TrueSight Operations Management.
System requirements for Remedy SSO installer
The Remedy SSO server must meet the following requirements:
- The minimum available disk space on all operating systems must be 1024 MB or higher.
- An additional 7-10 GB of space is recommended for log file growth, depending on the volume of users and products integrating with the Remedy SSO server.
Remedy SSO server and Remedy SSO agents are supported on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- Oracle Solaris
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
The following databases are supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle database
- PostgreSQL database
The following software must be installed before you install Remedy SSO:
System requirements for TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO
- There is no TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO available for version 11.3.02. It is available for versions 11.0.00 and 11.3.01 only. You can choose to install using the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO version 11.3.01 and then upgrade to any of the supported versions of the Remedy SSO server using the Remedy SSO installer.
- Alternatively, you can directly install any of the supported versions of the Remedy SSO server using the Remedy SSO installer.
- If you have installed and configured TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO (consolidated installer) version 11.0 or 11.3.01 and plan to upgrade to Remedy SSO to 18.11 or later, ensure that you have performed the steps mentioned in Best practices before upgrading Remedy SSO section in the Preparing to upgrade Remedy Single Sign-On topic.
Operating System and Platform requirements
The Remedy Single Sign-On server is supported on the following operating systems.
|Platform||64-bit x86 compatible PC|
Microsoft Windows 2019
Microsoft Windows 2016
Microsoft Windows 2012
Microsoft Windows 2008
An additional 7-10 GB of space is recommended for log file growth, depending on the volume of users and products that are integrated with the Remedy Single Sign-On Server.
On a Linux setup, ensure that
glibc-2.12.x86_64 (or later versions) is installed on the computer where you plan to install Remedy Single Sign-On.
- Remedy SSO Server uses the HTTP or HTTPS protocol configured on Tomcat. The ports configured on Tomcat must be accessible from the host machines where the other TrueSight (integrated) products such as TrueSight Infrastructure Management and TrueSight Presentation Server are installed.
- Remedy SSO Server installed using the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO uses the PostgreSQL database and therefore the database ports must be accessible from the Remedy SSO Server host.