Preparing to upgrade Remedy Single Sign-On
This section describes how to upgrade Remedy Single Sign-On to the current version by using the interactive installation wizard or in silent (or unattended) mode.
Follow the Remedy SSO upgrade instructions in this section only if you plan to upgrade the Remedy SSO from the following versions to the current version:
- If you have installed and configured Remedy SSO for TrueSight 11.0 and want to upgrade to Remedy SSO for TrueSight 11.3.01.
- If you have installed and configured Remedy SSO 9.1.03.001 or later and want to upgrade to any supported Remedy SSO server version.
Skip the Remedy SSO upgrade instructions in this section if you plan to do one of the following scenarios:
- If you plan to configure an existing supported version of Remedy SSO server in your environment and do not plan to upgrade the Remedy SSO server.
- If you are new to the Presentation Server. For more information, see Remedy Single Sign-On at-a-glance.
- If you are upgrading your Presentation Server from 10.7 or earlier version to the current version. For more information, see Remedy Single Sign-On at-a-glance.
TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO
- There is no TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO available for version 11.3.02. It is available for versions 11.0.00 and 11.3.01 only. You can choose to install using the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO version 11.3.01 and then upgrade to any of the supported versions of the Remedy SSO server using the Remedy SSO installer.
- Alternatively, you can directly install any of the supported versions of the Remedy SSO server using the Remedy SSO installer. For installing Remedy SSO using the Remedy installer, see Installing.
- If you have installed and configured TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO (consolidated installer) version 11.0 or 11.3.01 and plan to upgrade to Remedy SSO to 18.11 or later, ensure that you have performed the steps mentioned in Best practices before upgrading Remedy SSO section. For upgrading Remedy SSO using the Remedy installer, see Upgrading.
Review the following sections before you proceed to upgrade:
Best practice before upgrading Remedy SSO
- Export the existing configurations prior to upgrading or making significant changes. If Remedy SSO upgrade is rolled back, the old configurations can be re-applied.
- Make a copy of the web.xml file before you start the upgrade.
- To prevent down time In a high-availability environment, perform a rolling upgrade of all Remedy SSO servers and integrations. Temporarily exclude the node that is being upgraded from load balancing, upgrade it, make sure it is functioning, and then include it back to balancing.
- Before you upgrade to Remedy SSO version 18.11 or later, do the following steps:
- Backup the ProductRegistry.xml file.
- Navigate to the <TrueSightRSSO_install_dir> and delete the TrueSightRSSO folder.
- Rename the TruesightRSSO11.0.00 folder to TruesightRSSO.
- Restore the ProductRegistry.xml file.
- Start the BMC Remedy SSO service.
- Perform the upgrade procedure.
- Backup the ProductRegistry.xml file.
Remedy SSO installer types for upgrading
You can deploy Remedy SSO in one of the following ways:
- By using the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO - This is a consolidated installer that contains all the prerequisite software for Remedy SSO, and can be used for a unified install experience. This installer has the following limitations:
- Works only with PostgreSQL database.
- Can be used only if you are upgrading from the TrueSight Presentation Server version 10.7 or 11.0 to 11.3.01.
- By using the Remedy SSO installer - This contains only the Remedy SSO Server and doesn't contain any prerequisite software, such as JRE and Tomcat. It works with MS SQLServer, Oracle, and PostgreSQL databases.
Next step in the upgrade process
Based on the choice of the Remedy SSO installer type, proceed to one of the Remedy SSO topics to upgrade.