Customizing the agent console
System administrators can customize buttons in the agent console in Smart IT. When configured, these buttons appear on the right side of each chat session window, just as the Release and Close buttons. Administrators can configure up to four buttons. These buttons are linked to applications that appear in the Applications menu of the agent console.
In BMC Live Chat, Support Agent Console in BMC Remedy Mid Tier server is deprecated.
You can define color options for initial warnings, critical warnings, and headers. For example, if a support agent does not respond to an initial chat request within 30 seconds, the header changes to yellow. If a support agent does not respond for another 60 seconds, the header changes to red. This process provides a visual reminder for the support agent if sessions are waiting too long.
To customize buttons in the agent console
- From the IT Home page, select Virtual Agent > Virtual Agent Administration Console.
- Click Agent Toolkit and select Application Launcher.
- Select Run Application.
- On the application definition page, specify the following fields:
- Button Label: The button label can be up to ten characters. Text space is limited and all ten characters might not fit on the button.
- Button ID: The button ID is a number from 1 to 4 and is used as a unique identifier for that button. The system does not verify whether you have already used a button ID in another application definition. If you define more than one button with the same ID number, the last one found is the button displayed.
For the change to take effect, reload the agent console.
In a busy support center, where agents handle multiple sessions at once, set the warning timeouts appropriately to give the agents enough time to respond to all self-service users.