Setting services and bundles to unrequestable
To prevent end users from requesting these services and bundles, you can set services and bundles to unrequestable. You can also use this functionality when a service or a bundle is undergoing changes and you plan to make it available at a future time.
To set a service or bundle to unrequestable
- In BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog, open a service for editing (see Adding and updating services).
- Click Version Options, and select Unrequestable in the Service Options panel.
When a service or bundle is set to Unrequestable in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog, it cannot be requested in the end user console, and the Add to Cart and Request Now buttons are not displayed in the details for that service.
The following message is displayed when an end user opens an unavailable service:
The following message is displayed when an end user opens an unavailable bundle:
To filter unrequestable bundles and services
- Open the Service Management > Revision History.
- Click Filter, and select the Unrequestable status.
The list of unrequestable services and bundles is displayed.
Unrequestable services required in bundles
Setting a service to Unrequestable in BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog affects all published bundles that include this service as follows:
- If the service is set to Required in the bundle, the associated bundles become unavailable.
- If the service is not set to Required in the bundle, the associated bundle is available, but the unavailable service in the bundle is not added to the request, and the following message is displayed:
To make a bundle available for the request, make all services required in this bundle requestable again, and set the bundle to requestable again.