Setting time zone preferences for the Change Calendar
If the BMC Change Management application in your environment accesses a BMC Remedy Mid Tier server that is located in a different time zone, the time information that appears in your Calendar is for the BMC Remedy Mid Tier server location, not your location.
For example, you work in the Pacific time zone and you are assigned a change that should start at 10:00 A.M. PT. However, your BMC Remedy Mid Tier server is in the Eastern time zone (which is three hours ahead of Pacific time), so your Change Calendar shows a scheduled start time of 1:00 P.M.
You can fix this discrepancy by indicating your local time zone in the BMC Remedy AR System user preference record that is associated with your BMC Remedy AR System log on ID.
To set the time zone in your BMC Remedy AR System user preference record
- Log on to the BMC AR system as an administrator.
- Select Applications > AR System Administration > AR System Administration Console.
- On the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, click User Preferences > Search User Preferences.
- Search for your user record, and then select it.
- Click the Locale tab.
- From the menu beside the Time Zone field, select your time zone.
- Click Save.