addresses the following business goals:
- Thousands of pre-built runbooks based on ITIL good practices
- Graphical Development Studio for assembling workflows
- Integration Mapping Wizard to simplify configuration of application interfaces
- Operator Control Panel for control and monitoring of workflow execution
- Scalable grid architecture with load balancing and high-availability
Tackle a simple task today and handle the most complex process and application integration needs over time. The system handles the highest workflow volume of routine tasks and process enforcement to reliably meet the dynamic day-in and day-out demands of the largest enterprises and Service Providers.
- Deliver consistent task and workflow results
- Integrate easily with BMC and third-party IT service management applications
- Upgrade or change IT management applications without redesigning workflows
- Improve quality of service
TrueSight Orchestration in containers
Repository, Configuration Distribution Peer (CDP), and TrueSight Orchestration Content (includes adapters and modules) are now available in Docker containers. Docker defines a container as a standard unit of software that packages up code and all its dependencies so the application runs quickly and reliably from one computing environment to another. A Docker container image is a lightweight, standalone, executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings.
TrueSight Orchestration uses Docker to run and host pre-built images. Before starting with TrueSight Orchestration in containers, it is assumed that you are familiar with the Docker platform and containers in general. For more information about Docker containers, see .
Some of the considerations if you choose to install containerized platform are:
- In the first release of containers, TrueSight Orchestration is providing images only for the repository, CDP, and content on an internal Apache Derby database.
- Images are available on the BMC's Electronic Product Download website.
- Images contain pre-installed components that you only need to deploy in your container environments.
- Apart from the installation process, features and functions for platform components remains the same in the containerized or classic mode.
- Containerized platform supports high availability.
- Migration of platform to containers is not available in this release.
- In this release, for multiple instances of the CDP, data replication is not supported. However, you can manually configure data to ensure same data is replicated across the instances.
Use the following topics to understand more about TrueSight Orchestration in containers:
|Understand the containerized platform architecture||Architecture|
|Plan and understand requirements for setting up containerized platform|
|Download the TrueSight Orchestration images||Downloading the installation files|
|Prepare and install in containers|
|Troubleshooting containers||Troubleshooting containers|
How BMC provides value
BMC provides a one-stop solution that is single suite of products that supports all your ITIL service support needs — from architecture to integration and implementation to support.
The following BMC Communities videos provide a general overview of .
This BMC Communities video (5:11) discusses element managers and their APIs and how to integrate and automate them using .
The next BMC Communities video (2:58) introduces building workflows for element managers, automating them and exposing their APIs.
The following BMC Communities video (3:26) describes triggering workflows based on element manager events and introduces adapters.