The TrueSight Operations Management solution comprises various components, such as TrueSight Presentation Server, TrueSight Infrastructure Management, and so on. Depending on your license entitlements, you can download and install the relevant components.
The installation process requires you to complete your planning activities before starting the preparatory, installation, and post-installation tasks. The installation flow diagram and the process table enable you to install the solution smoothly.
This page covers information for installing version 11.3.04. For upgrading to version 11.3.04, see Upgrading.
TrueSight Operations Management installation process — At a glance
In a test environment, you can . Follow the guidelines to avoid conflicts in the port numbers between the components.
In a production environment, follow the sequence below. If your license does not entitle you to certain components, or if you are not installing certain components, skip that step and proceed to the next.
You need to install Remedy SSO followed by the Presentation Server to create a basic setup. After that, you can install the data providers, such as Infrastructure Management, App Visibility manager, etc., based on your license entitlements to complete the solution installation.
- BMC releases periodic product updates through feature packs and fix packs. Check the section for the latest product updates and apply the ones relevant to your environment.
- You can upgrade security in your enterprise environment by using TLS 1.2 to communicate with TrueSight Operations Management components.To add the transport layer protection and to secure communication between TrueSight Operations Management components, do the following:
- for all the installed TrueSight Operations Management components.
- between the TrueSight Operations Management components.
- After you complete installing TrueSight Operations Management components, you can extend the product capabilities by it with other BMC products.