1.2.00.001: Patch 1
Patch 1 for BMC Remedy with Smart IT 1.2.00 includes all of the files needed to update Smart IT 1.2.00 and BMC My IT 2.6.00. Apply this patch if you have Smart IT installed by itself, or if you have Smart IT and BMC MyIT installed together.
Patch 1 for version 1.2.00 includes the following updates:
- Updated definitions for the AR System server
- Updated files for the Smart IT/MyIT server
- New mobile clients for Smart IT (there are no new mobile clients for BMC MyIT)
The updates for Patch 1 for version 1.2.00 improve performance for searching and submitting tickets, address issues with the Smart IT mobile client on iOS 9.0, and extend knowledge management capabilities.
For comprehensive information about issues corrected in this patch, see Known and corrected issues for BMC Remedy with Smart IT.
Downloading the patch
- Download the patch file from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site:
- Open the BMC Remedy with Smart IT product window, set Version to 1.2.00, and click Go.
- From the Patches tab, select BMC Remedy with Smart IT Version 1.2.00 Patch 001, and click Download Manager or Download (FTP) to download BMC_SmartIT1.2.00_Patch_001.zip.
Extract the files and folders.
Applying the patch to the AR System server
Stop the Smart IT/MyIT Application service and the MyIT Social service.
These services should remain stopped until the end of the procedure Updating the social files on the Smart IT/MyIT server.
On the BMC Remedy AR System server, use the Data Import Tool to import the file myitsm-app-queries.arx from the patch.
Specify the target form as MyIT Administration: Application Data Source Queries.
In the Mapping tab, Auto Map the fields.
- In the Options tab, set the following import options:
Handle Duplicate Request IDs By: — Update Old Records with New Record's Data
Match Duplicate Request By: — Custom Fields.
Add the following custom fields to the table:
Field Name 8 Query Name 420003113 Data Source ID
Run the import.
Updating providers on the Smart IT/MyIT server
Open in provider folder in the extracted patch archive, and make a note of the file names.
Back up the corresponding provider files in ..\Apache Tomcat installation directory\external-conf\provider by appending .bak to the file names.
Replace the files in step 2 with the new files from the patch.
Updating the ux folder on the Smart IT/MyIT server
- In the BMC Smart IT installation directory, back up the existing ux directory by renaming it to ux.orig.
- Create a new, empty directory at the same level as ux.orig from step 1, and name the new directory ux. The new directory name must be ux for the patch to work correctly.
- Copy the contents of the ux folder from the patch into the newly created ux directory. The contents of the directory will look like the following:
Updating the social files on the Smart IT/MyIT server
- Open in social folder in the extracted patch archive, and make a note of the file names:
- Back up the corresponding social files in the BMC Smart IT installation directory, by appending .bak to the file names.
- Replace the files in step 2 with the new files from the patch.
- Restart the MyIT Social service and Smart IT/MyIT Application service.
Replacing the mobile client files (Smart IT only)
- Back up the existing Smart IT mobile client files, such as iOS clients Smart_IT.ipa and Smart_IT.apk in the Smart IT installation directory\IPA\download folder.
- Replace the mobile client files with the files from the patch.
- Deploy the new clients to your users. See Deploying Smart IT to your users.