Creating company specific excluded subjects
This topic describes how to create excluded subjects for each company in your environment.
Before you begin
To perform any Email Rule Engine configuration procedure, you must have Email Rule Config permissions (these are Foundation related permissions). Also, ensure that the BMC Remedy Email Engine is installed on your system. This includes ensuring that the specific email inbox that your system will use to receive the incoming email is configured. For information about configuring mailboxes, see Configuring BMC Remedy Email Engine.
Also, the person creating the email service request must have their own email address recorded in the Email Address field of their People form record.
To create company specific excluded subjects
- Open the Inbound Email Rule Configuration form.
- From the Application list on the left side of the IT Home page, select Administrator Console > Application Administration Console > Custom Configuration > Foundation > Email Engine Rules > Configure Rules.
- From the Company field at the top of the form, select the company for which you are configuring the Excluded Subjects list.
- Click the Base Configuration tab.
- From the Category list, select Excluded Subject.
- Click Add.
An area on the Base Configuration tab displays the following fields:
- Sort Order
- Ensure that the status is Active.
You can later use this field to turn off this excluded subject by changing the status to Inactive.
- Confirm that the entry in the Category field is Excluded Subject.
- In Name, type the text that you want to exclude.
For example, if you want to ensure that the Email Rule Engine rejects all email messages with FW: in the subject line (that is, all forwarded email messages), type FW:.
- (Optional) In Sort Order, type a digit that corresponds to the order in which you want the Email Rule Engine to evaluate this excluded subject.
A subject with Sort Order set to 1 is evaluated before a subject with Sort Order set to 5.
- Click Submit.
The newly created excluded subject appears in the table on the left side of the Inbound Email Rule Configuration form.
- Repeat the procedure for each subject that you want to exclude.
Where to go from here
When you finish creating the Excluded Subjects list, create the Email Rule Engine use cases.