Testing the BMC Remedyforce integration with CTI adapters
You can integrate BMC Remedyforce with any CTI adapter for Salesforce that is based on the Softphone layout. The procedure in this section tests the integration for the CTI Demo Adapter 4.03, which has been tested to work with BMC Remedyforce. You can use this procedure to test your Salesforce organization with CTI Demo Adapter version 4.03 and then integrate BMC Remedyforce with any CTI adapter that you are using.
Before testing the CTI adapter, ensure that it is installed on your computer. For more information about installing the Demo Adapter, see http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/CTI_Toolkit. After you configure the CTI Demo Adapter 4.03, its icon ( ) is displayed in the system tray.
To test the integration setup
- To start the Demo CTI adapter, go to Start > All Programs > salesforce.com > CTI Demo Adapter 4.03 > Salesforce.com Demo Adapter 4.03.
- Log on to the Salesforce organization where you have configured the Demo CTI adapter.
- Click the Remedyforce Console tab.
- (Optional) On the left side of the page, enter your credentials and click Log In.
- In your system tray, right-click
<phone number> refers to the phone number that you entered while configuring the CTI Demo Adapter 4.03. To test the CTI integration, ensure that the <phone number> is added to the Phone field of a client record.
The adapter receives a call. The adapter looks for a match between the phone number of the caller and the client records. Depending on the result, one of the following happens: and click Call From<phone number>
- If the phone number of the caller does not match the phone number in any client record, a new incident record is opened.
- If the phone number of the caller matches the phone number in the Phone field of a client record, a new incident record opens. The Client ID and Account fields are prepopulated with the information from the matching client record.
If the phone number of the caller matches the phone number in the Phone field of multiple client records, the values of the Client ID and Account fields are taken from the first matching record.
- If the phone number matches the phone number in the Phone field of a client record, and a single incident is registered for the client, the corresponding incident is displayed.
If the phone number of the caller matches the phone number in the Client Phone field of multiple incident records, the incidents are shown in a list view. The list view does not include the incidents that were registered for the client before the Phone field was updated in the client record.