Installing BMC Atrium Core Web Services components
BMC recommends that you install BMC Atrium CMDB on a different computer than BMC Atrium Core Web Services and BMC Atrium Core Web Registry. Also, install BMC Atrium Core Web Services and BMC Atrium Core Web Registry on the same computer.
When installing BMC Atrium Core Web Services in non-root mode, you need to have write access.
To install BMC Atrium Core Web Services components on a single computer
- Download the BMC Atrium Core installer on a computer other than where you have installed the AR System server.
- Unzip the installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer.
- For Windows, run setup.cmd.
- For UNIX, run setup.sh.
- In the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- In the AR System Server Information panel, perform the following actions:
- Enter AR System username and password.
- Enter AR System port number and host name.
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Atrium CMDB.
The default locations are:
- For Windows: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumCore
- For UNIX or Linux: /opt/bmc/AtriumCore
- Click Next.
The installer validates the system resources of your computer.
- In the Installation Mode panel, select Install and then click Next.
- In the BMC Atrium Installation Information panel, review the information and then click Next.
- In the Features panel, select only the BMC Atrium Core Web Services components, and then click Next.
For example, select BMC Atrium Core Web Services and BMC Atrium Core Web Services Registry.
- In the succeeding panels, enter the values from the planning spreadsheet.
- In the Run Preinstall Health Check panel, click Next to run the additional validation tests.
If you don't want to run the health check, select No, and then click Next.
The health check is run after the installation.
- The installer validates the inputs. The Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed.
- Click Install.
Installation summary is displayed.
- To verify the installation, click View Log.
- Verify and rectify if there are any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues.
You can also view a log file of the installation here:
- Click Done to exit the BMC Atrium Core installer.