BMC PATROL for IT Data Analytics is not a part of base repository or extended repository.
The following sections describe the tasks required for installing BMC PATROL for IT Data Analytics:
Before you begin
- Download the KM file as described in Downloading the installation files.
- Verify that your environment meets the requirements listed in System requirements.
- Read through the Planning topic before you start installing the product.
- Ensure that the default PATROL account user has read/write permissions in the directory where you want to install BMC PATROL for IT Data Analytics.
To import the KM into the Central Monitoring Repository
- In the navigation pane of BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration console, click the Repository drawer and select Manage Repository.
- Click Import .
- In the Import a New Solution dialog box, select Single solution.
Browse to either of the following files depending on your operating system:
The solution must be stored on the local computer from which you are running BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration
- Click Import.
The selected archive file is imported to the repository and extracted. You can close the window during the import process.
To install BMC PATROL for IT Data Analytics
- In the navigation pane of BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration, click the Repository drawer and select Deployable Package Repository.
- Click Add .
- Select the operating system for which you want to create a package, and then select a platform on which you want to install the package. The list of components in the repository that are supported on the specified operating system and platform is displayed.
By default, the appropriate BMC PATROL Agent for the operating system and platform that you choose are included in the Selected components list.
From the Available components list, select the following component along with the associated version:
|IT Data Analytics
|2.1.00 or latest
Select this component to install IT Data Analytics.
Selecting latest as the version automatically updates the package with the latest versions of the components when new versions of those components are added to the Central Monitoring Repository.
Click the right arrow button to move the selected components into the Selected components list. Click Next.
Specify the BMC products installation directory and the PATROL 3.x product directory in the Provide the PATROL 3.x Product Directory window and click Next.
- Enter the PATROL default account credentials in the Provide the PATROL Default Account Properties window and click Next.
- Select the appropriate level of security from one of the following levels of security:
- Advanced security options
- Basic security (default)
- Select one of the following option to overwrite the current security configuration (keys, certificates, and trusted roots):
- Specify the PATROL Agent port number, select one of the following options to restart the PATROL Agent after installation:
- Start the PATROL Agent automatically after the installation is completed.
- I will start the PATROL Agent manually.
- Click Next.
- Provide the BMC ProactiveNet Integration configuration details and the BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration tags in the BMC ProactiveNet Integration Configuration window and click Next.
- Provide the BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management cell configuration details in the BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Cell Configurations window and click Next.
- Provide the RTservers variable properties and click Next.
- Select one of the following options to add the selected components to Firewall Exception list:
- Automatically add the Selected Component(s) to the Firewall Exception list
- Do not add the Selected Component(s) to the Firewall Exception list
- Click Next.
- In the Installation Package Details window, the final summary is displayed.
- In the Installation Package Details window, verify that the operating system and platform are correct for the type of package that you want to create. Also verify that the components that you want to include are listed in the Included Components list.
In the Installation Package Details window, provide the following information:
- Name: Enter a unique name for the package.
- (Optional) Description: Enter a description of the package.
The description is displayed in the Monitoring Installation Packages list on the Deployable Package window.
- Format: Select a file compression format for the package.
Perform one or both of the following actions:
When you are finished, click Close.
After the KM is imported into the BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration, ensure that you copy the KMFile.xsd file, as follows:
<Installation-Location> refers to the location where BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management is installed. For example, C:\Program Files\BMC Software.
For more information, see the Knowledge Base article at https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=S:KA408417.
This action is required only if you are using version 9.0.x of BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management.
Where to go from here
After installing BMC PATROL for IT Data Analytics, configure it using BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration. For more information, see Configuring in a BMC ProactiveNet environment.