Perform the following procedure to uninstall the App Visibility server by using the uninstall wizard.
All the data stored for the component you are uninstalling will be deleted. To retain this data, you must back up the database before continuing with the uninstallation process.
- Log on with administrator privileges to the server on which App Visibility is installed.
- Launch the uninstallation wizard:
- (Windows) Use one of the following procedures:
To uninstall from the uninstallation utility
- Navigate to the installationDirectory\UninstallBMCADOPServer directory.
- Right-click uninstall.exe and select Run as administrator.
- On the welcome screen, click Next.
- Select the component or components you want to uninstall and click Next.
- Confirm that you are aware that data will be deleted from the database by clicking Next.
- Review the uninstall preview screen and click Uninstall.
- After the uninstallation is complete, review the uninstallation log and click Next.
- Select to restart your computer now or later and click Done.
To uninstall from the Control Panel
- From the Control Panel, select Programs and Features (Windows 2008) or Uninstall a program (Windows 2012).
- Right-click BMC App Visibility Server 10.x and click Uninstall.
- Ensure that you have set the DISPLAY environment variable.
- In a command line, navigate to the folder in which App Visibility is installed.
For example, /opt/bmc/App_Visibility/UninstallBMCADOPServer
- Run the following command
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the Features screen, select the components you want to uninstall and then click Next.
- In the Uninstallation Preview screen, review the features selected, and click Uninstall to proceed.
- In the Uninstallation Summary screen, click Done to complete the uninstallation process. If you want to verify the uninstallation process before exiting the uninstallation wizard, click View Log to view the adopserver_uninstall_log.txt file.
You can also view the uninstallation log files in the %temp% (Windows) directory or in the /tmp (Linux) directory.
Installing the App Visibility server components
Upgrading App Visibility