Infrastructure monitoring provides you, the IT Operations operator, with a visual representation of the monitored resources in your environment, and the ability to identify and diagnose issues.
The color-coded and severity-ranked Devices page enables you to determine which devices require attention. You can drill-down to any device from the Devices page and view details on the Device details page.
The Events page displays an event's status, severity, and summary. From this page, you can:
- Choose the event source to be all Infrastructure Management Servers or a specific remote cell
- Filter the events to display the relevant ones and take necessary action on them
- Group events based on specific conditions and provide role-based access on them
- Drill down to any event to troubleshoot and perform probable cause analysis.
To make information easier to find and manage, you can create groups that correspond to real-world relationships (such as by city, a specific department, or the type of resource). You can monitor groups through the Groups page.
While any user can view device data and drill down to diagnose the root cause of a problem, no data is available until BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management is installed and running.
Identify problematic devices
From the Devices page (Monitoring > Devices) in the TrueSight console, you can see a high-level, real-time view of all your devices. You can view devices by severity (critical, major, minor, warning, information) or view them by the status (open, acknowledged, assigned, blackout, closed).
If you have configured groups, you can go to the Groups page (Monitoring > Groups) and view the same information as the Devices page.
Identify critical events
From the Events page (Monitoring > Events) in the TrueSight console, you can see a high-level, real-time view of all events generated in your monitored infrastructure. You can view events by severity (critical, major, minor, warning, information, OK, unknown) or view them by the status (open, acknowledged, assigned, blackout, closed).
Diagnose an infrastructure problem
Select an event to drill-down into information that is related to that event:
- probable cause analysis : Analyze data and view the relevant events automatically using
- cross-launch into BMC TrueSight IT Data Analytics to perform root-cause analysis : While analyzing events on BMC TrueSight Operations Management, you can