Saving or editing the CAM model
Making a change to an application mapping definition (the CAM model) increases the major version of the generated The Pattern Language (TPL). A major version change means that a new model is built in the datastore with the new patterns maintaining it. However, the old patterns are retained and they still maintain the old model. You cannot undo large changes to an application mapping definition, so before making changes you should create a backup of the application mapping definition using Export Application Mapping Definitions.
To save the current CAM model
- Export the application mapping definitions. From the Group page and with the Application Mapping tab selected, choose Actions > Export Application Mapping Definitions.
- Save the file to be exported and click OK.
You are prompted for confirmation.
To change the CAM model
- Modify the application mapping definitions to suit your new requirements.
- Click Generate TPL.
BMC Discovery automatically activates the pattern module that has been generated and submits it into the Knowledge Management UI.
- Rediscover all of the hosts on which the Business Application Instance (BAI) components run. Alternatively you can manually run the generated patterns.
- Examine the new model to check that it meets your new requirements.
If the model meets your new requirements
Delete the pattern module generated from the old definitions. This removes the BAIs and Functional Components created by the patterns.
If the model does not meet your new requirements
- Delete the pattern module generated from the new definitions. This removes the BAIs and Functional Components created by the patterns.
- Delete the new definitions.
- Import an exported mapping definitions file.
- Rediscover all of the hosts on which the BAI components run. Alternatively you can manually run the generated patterns.
- Examine the updated model.