BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.6
This section provides information about what is new or changed in this space, including urgent issues, documentation updates, maintenance releases, service packs, and patches. It also provides license entitlement information for the release.
Placing a watch on this page is a great way to stay informed of changes to this space.
The following updates have been added since the release of the space:
|January 24, 2017||Task class||Deleted the "Task search request" topic and references to
|September 20, 2016||4.6.04 enhancements||Contains enhancements for compliance job execution; AWS, Azure, and vCloud providers; BMC Remedy ITSM Foundation Integration; and API and SDK.|
|May 31, 2016||4.6.03 enhancements||Contains enhancements for third-party provider integration, tenant management, troubleshooting, networking, APIs, and SDK commands.|
|April 7, 2016||Using the BMC CLM ITSM Brownfield utility||Describes the BMC CLM ITSM Brownfield utility that you can use to synchronize ITSM Foundation data. The BMC CLM ITSM Brownfield utility is available at https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-41578. (4.6.02: Content pack enhancement).|
|February 22, 2016||Contains the process to set up and provision an AWS CloudFormation resource (4.6.01: Content pack enhancement).
|February 12, 2016||Configuring the My Cloud Services Console||Describes how to configure the My Cloud Services console. Includes step-by-step video.|
|January 25, 2016||Initial release of BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.6. Includes What's New in 4.6 video.|
This topic provides information that supplements the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management documentation. It contains the following sections:
Frequently asked questions
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management documentation.
The following table describes where you can find information previously provided in release notes.
Technical bulletins contained information delivered after a product was released, often in conjunction with a service pack or patch for that release.
Where to find information previously provided in a technical bulletin
Type of technical bulletin
Found here in
Contents of a service pack or patch and instructions particular to it
Placed in context throughout this space, but listed and linked to in Release notes and notices
Flashes contained urgent information about product issues and are delivered after a product is released. On docs.bmc.com this information is delivered in an "Urgent issues" topic, under What's new. If this topic does not exist for a given product release, no urgent issues have been discovered for that release.
You can find a list of topics with videos at PDFs and videos.
- From the Tools menu, select Export to PDF.
The Export to PDF menu is displayed with preconfigured export settings.
Export to PDF menu
- Perform one of the following steps:
- Choose an export setting and click Start Export. (The recommended setting for most exports is Branch (this page and its children).) You will be prompted to download your completed PDF when the export process is completed.
- Choose Customize Settings and continue to follow these steps if you want to perform advanced PDF customization.
- Select a template (for example, BMC Standard).
- Templates with the designation (with child pages) export the current topic and all child topics in that branch. If you are on the Home page, you will export all topics in that space.
- For best results, export using a BMC Standard template. Others are not optimized for docs.bmc.com content.
- If you want to customize your PDF export, choose Customize Settings.
- To restrict your export to pages with a certain label, select This page and all children with label … and enter the desired labels to add (or exclude) in the General tab.
- To add a title and other information to the exported PDF, change the settings in the PDF Properties tab.
- To change how some dynamic content is exported, change the settings in the Content Processing tab:
- TOC macros includes a Table of Contents that list headings in longer topics.
- Children macros includes a list of links to child topics on some top-level topics.
- Export images as original resolution expands the images that are shown in a small size in a topic.
- To automatically generate full URLs after links (useful if you will print the PDF), check the appropriate check boxes in the Linking tab. Note that links containing long URLs may cause formatting issues with some tables if this option is selected.
- Click Start Export to begin the export process.
Your last export settings will be remembered and you will be able to create another export with those settings without having to reconfigure your PDF.
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. Once the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Top Knowledge Articles from BMC Customer Support
BMC Communites maintains a list of the top 10 Knowledge Articles (KAs) as recommended by the Customer Support team for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.
The KAs are selected by a combination of both the collective experience of the team and other quantitative factors, with the goal of sharing the most relevant and useful information in a easy to consume format.
See Top 10 Knowledge Articles for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management on BMC Communities for the list.
Additional BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management information
Click the links in the following list to view product-specific documentation on the BMC Customer Support website:
- Get to know BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
- Cloud computing at BMC: an introduction
- Cloud Computing Management for Enterprises
Additional information for supporting products
You can also refer to the following online technical documentation links for the products that support BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management:
- BMC Atrium Core
- BMC Atrium Core Web Registry
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform
- BMC Capacity Optimization
- BMC Network Automation
- TrueSight Infrastructure Management
- BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management
- BMC Remedy Action Request System
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management
- BMC Remedy Service Request Management
- BMC Server Automation
This topic describes and links to PDFs and videos that support this product release. If the ready-made PDFs of this space do not satisfy your requirements, you can export a custom PDF.
You can create a custom PDF for a specific topic, a topic and its children, or a group of topics with a specific label. For information about how you can export a custom PDF from this space, see Exporting to PDF and other formats.
Ready-made PDFs of this space
The following lists link to topics that contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation. (To see additional videos, go to BMCtv and BMC CLM How-to Videos Catalog on BMC Communities.)
Release notes and notices
|Configuring after installation||
Requestable services (getting started)
Requestable services (administration)
Requestable services (advanced)
Tenants and users
Amazon and VMware
|BMC ZipKits for Cloud||