This section provides both overview and detailed task information that cloud administrators need to manage and maintain the cloud and to ensure that cloud service requests are available to the end users and are running correctly.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have completed the required tasks described in Installing.
- Ensure that you have completed the configuration steps described in Using Quick Start or in Configuring after installation.
Administration console overview (video)
The following video provides a brief overview of the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management administration console. For additional videos related to administering a BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management environment, see Related videos.
- Accessing the console
- Overview of workspaces
- Using Quick Start
- Creating and managing infrastructure blueprints
- Creating and managing network blueprints
- Creating and managing resources
- Creating and managing requestable services
- Creating and managing tenants
- Creating and managing policies
- Setting workspace options
- Adding virtual environments for compute resources
- Creating objects in BMC Server Automation
- Publishing the Product Catalog
- Configuring out-of-the-box third-party provider types
- Viewing and customizing dashboard charts
- Viewing the Statement of Capacity report
- Updating an existing user account with cloud administrator permissions
- Stopping and starting components of Cloud Lifecycle Management
- Working with reference content
- End-to-end provisioning use cases for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
- Changing passwords in CLM product applications
- Running BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management in Amazon Web Services
The following videos provide overview information for various administration tasks.
|Working with deployment definitions and options|