Launching the installer
To launch the installer
- Accept the default values in the installer unless you have a good reason to change them.
- Do not mix and match IP addresses and hostnames during product select in the Host Information panel. Enter all IP addresses or all hostnames, but do not combine them.
- In passwords, some special characters create problems during installation. For more information, see Restricting the use of certain characters in passwords.
- For BMC Network Automation, do not use special characters except _.
- For BMC Server Automation, do not use #.
- With Linux, do not use @.
- Download the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution, as instructed in Obtaining downloading and verifying the installation files.
- Go to Planner > Windows > Disk 1.
- Start the installer:
- On Microsoft Windows, double-click the setup.cmd file.
On Linux,launch the installer by using Xmanager.
With Xmanager, X applications installed on remote UNIX based computers run seamlessly with Windows applications side by side.
You can also use Vconsole to launch the installer.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and click Next.
- On the Installation Prerequisites panel, review all the prerequisites that you must complete before you start the installation.
Select the I have read the prerequisites check box and click Next.
(Optional) Select the Do not display this panel for subsequent installations check box if you do not want to view the prerequisites again during other product installations.
If you have not completed any of the prerequisites listed on the Installation Prerequisites panel, exit the installer and complete the steps first.
- On the Directory Selection panel, navigate to the location on the host where you want to install the planner and click Next.
Accept the default value (C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Planner) if you do not require a specific location for the installation files.
- On the Installation Preview panel, review the information and click Install.
- On the NSH panel, review the installation location, and then click Next.
The default location is C:\Program Files\BMC Software\NSH. Otherwise, navigate to the directory where you want to install NSH.
- In the Select Installation Type panel, select Install and then click Next.
In the Select Deployment Type panel, select New Deployment and then click Next.
The following options are available
When to choose
This is the first time you are launching the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Installer and you have no other existing BMC products installed that you want to add to the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution.
Integrate with an Existing Deployment
You have existing BMC products that you want to add to the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution. For more information, see Integrating brownfield BMC Remedy AR System applications.
Modify Existing Deployment
You already installed one or more products in the solution. Now you want to add install additional products immediately after completing another product installation.
Note: This option only appears on the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Installer UI when you launch the installer after completing an installation. Otherwise, the two options that are visible to you are New Deployment and Integrate with an Existing Deployment.
- On the Select Deployment Template panel, choose the type of deployment template to implement.
- Click Next.
The Deployment Tier Selection panel appears, as displayed in the following figure.
Select the deployment tier based on the products that you want to install first.
Tier name When to choose Control Tier
You need to install products that enable you to manage the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution. For more information, see Description of BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management products.
You need to scale the solution to multiple data center locations, either physical or logical.
Both You need to install products across tiers. If you want to install all products in the same data center location or geographic location, choose this option.
- Click Next.
The Host Information panel appears.
- Install the required products as explained in Installing the products.
Where to go from here
Installing Compact Deployment (for start-to-finish instructions)