Installing the products
Before you begin
- Review the product host requirements for your platform:
- Log on to the computer as the user provided in the installer and verify the user's profile.
If you do not verify this information, the product installations probably will not launch properly. For example:
- Windows – if the user is Administrator, the profile must be C:\Users\Administrator.
- Linux – if the user is root, the profile must be /root.
To install the products in the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution
- Review the products in the Control and Workload deployment tiers.
- Enter a valid host name for each product that you want to install based on the installation order.
Products that you can install across geographical locations or for high availability (HA) display a + sign next to them. To add additional products, select Add a Node. You can also delete the host by selecting Delete this node.
The installer validates the dependencies for the products that you selected in the Deployment Template, and the Host Operating System Credentials panel appears.
The installer returns error messages if you try to install conflicting products on the same computer. The installer also verifies the dependencies of the products and suggests other products to install. For example, you are prompted to install BMC Atrium Orchestrator Server so that you can then install Cloud Platform Manager. If the product that you selected has a dependency, click Previous and install the required product first.
- Enter the operating system user credentials and passwords for each host in your deployment.
To use the same credentials and passwords for each host, select the Apply the same credentials check box.
Click Next to continue.
The installer deploys the BMC BladeLogic Remote System Call Daemon (RSCD) Agent on the target hosts if it does not exist.Deploying the RSCD Agent and copying the installer files to the target hosts can take an extended period of time to perform.
- When the deployment confirmation panel appears, carefully review the summary of the host settings.
To change the hosts, click Previous. You cannot modify the configuration after you start the installation.
- (Optional) Non-installer step: You can track the progress of the installation, such as verify whether the installation files are copied over to the target host, as explained in Tracking installation progress.
The Installation Progress panel appears. The installer stages products into the Currently Installing and Upcoming Installs trees.
Product does not depend on other products to install.
Product depends on other products being installed first. For example, before you can install Platform Manager - Cloud Portal, you must finish installing BMC Atrium Orchestrator Server. Other possible tasks include configuring Data Execution Prevention (DEP) to run the executable. As a result, products that have an unmet dependency remain in the Upcoming Installs tree until the installation of the product on which they depend is complete.
You can review the current progress of an installation at any time by selecting the product in the Currently Installing tree.
Snapshot your VM and back up your database when the installer prompts you.
- At the prompts, enter the installation inputs for each product from your planning spreadsheet.
After you have entered the required setup information, the installer runs a validation check of your user inputs and the Installation Preview panel is displayed.
- Click Install.
The installer displays the status of the installation after the installation is completed. Resolve any warning messages before you continue.
Click Next to continue installing the remaining products in the solution. Otherwise, click Exit to exit the installer.
After you exit the installer, you can resume installing remaining products at any time. If needed, you can switch installer computers.
To immediately resume installing other products in the solution after you exit the installer, launch the installer and choose Modify Existing Deployment.
- After you complete the entire installation session, click Done and then review the summary.
- Click Next.
- Perform one of the following actions:
|Resume installation by modifying the existing deployment|
|Exit the installation|