Resizing an existing disk for a VM
Beginning with BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management version 3.1 SP1, you can resize the local or system disks that are associated with existing VMware virtual machines (VMs), after a system is provisioned.
To resize an existing disk for a VM
The Resize Disk command enables you to increase the disk space for the VM.
- This Operator Action is support only on VMs hosted on VMware .
- This Operator Action requires that VMs have the VMware Tools installed.
- You cannot resize a disk to a lower value than the current size.
- From the list of servers on the Servers linkbar on the My Services tab, highlight the server.
- Click the Operator Action and select the option which was created for resizing disks (for example, Resize Disk).
- On the Submit Request window, select the disk you want to resize and the amount of disk space you want.
- Click Next.
- Select the system disk to which you want the operation to apply and click Submit.
A prompt bar at the top of the Service Instances pane displays an informational message that shows the action is in progress.