Verifying product connections
After you upgrade to version 3.1, perform the procedures in this topic to ensure that the products in the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution are working.
Verifying the BMC Server Automation connection
If you upgraded BMC Server Automation, perform the following steps to verify that you can log on to the BMC Remedy AR System & IT Service Management Suite host.
- Log on to the BMC Server Automation host.
- Select Start> All program > BMC Software > Bladelogic Server Automation Suite, and open the BMC Server Automation Console.
- From the Configuration menu, select Atrium Integration > Configuration.
- Verify that the port number and user credentials for the BMC Remedy AR System & IT Service Management Suite host are correct.
- Click Test Connection to verify the connection.
- If the connection was successful, click Save. Otherwise, troubleshoot the connection issues on the BMC Remedy AR System & IT Service Management Suite host and retest the connection.
Verifying the Cloud Portal connection
Perform the following steps to verify that you can access and submit requests in the Cloud Portal.
- Log on to the Cloud Portal host and go to Application > BMC Cloud LifeCycle Management > BMC Cloud management administration Console.
- On the left menu bar, click Workspace and select Service Instances.
- Verify that the requests that you submitted in version 2.1.x are available.
- Submit a new request to provision a VM and make sure that it works.