Troubleshooting BMC Server Automation and SOI failures
As part of standard service offering instance (SOI) creation request, BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management creates and executes the following jobs in BMC Server Automation:.
- Virtual Guest Job
- Update Server Properties Job
- User creation job (a customized NSH Script Job)
- (optional) Application software installation
If any of these jobs fail, BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management causes the SOI request to fail.
To troubleshoot issues with an SOI, determine which job is failing in BMC Server Automation and identify the root cause. For more information, see:
- Troubleshooting Virtual Guest jobs
- Troubleshooting Update Server Properties jobs
- Troubleshooting user creation jobs
- Troubleshooting application software installation jobs