Verifying BMC ProactiveNet Server installation
You can verify that the BMC ProactiveNet Server was installed successfully by using the following procedures.
To review the installation log
- If you just completed installing BMC ProactiveNet Server and the installer prompts you to view the installation log, click View Log and skip to step 3.
- If you exited the installer before viewing the log file, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the BMC ProactiveNet Server.
- Open the installation and configuration log file, bppm_server_install_log.txt, which is located under the C:\windows\temp subdirectory on Windows and /tmp on Linux.
- In the log, verify whether any error messages were reported.
If no error messages were reported, the installation was successful and you can skip the rest of the verification procedures for the BMC ProactiveNet Server.
- For all error, (including SEVERE) messages that were reported in the log, perform the following procedures:
- If a SEVERE error message was reported, additionally perform the steps documented in the Resolving product installation issues on target hosts topic.
To verify running services
To ensure that the product successfully starts after installation, perform the following steps.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to <installDir>\pw\pronto\bin.
- Run the
pw system statuscommand and verify that the following services are running:
- If any of the above services appear to be not running, restart that service.
- If errors occur that prevent restarting a service, restart the system by executing the command
pw system start.
To access the BMC ProactiveNet Administration Console
- Select Start > All Programs > BMC ProactiveNet Server > BMC ProactiveNet Administration Console.
- Log on with the user name admin and password admin.