Mapping compute pools to network containers
This topic describes how to map compute pools to network containers. It contains the following sections:
Before you can use the compute resources in a compute resource pool, you must associate the compute resource pool with a network container. Network containers can share compute resource pools if you associate (or map) the pool to more than one network container.
You cannot map the default compute pool to a network container.
To map compute resource pools to a network container
- From the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console, click the vertical Workspaces menu on the left side of the window and select Resources.
- Under Quick Links on the left, click Network Containers under the Network section.
- Select the network container to which you want to map one or more compute resource pools.
- Click the Manage compute pool mappings icon
The Map Compute Pools dialog box is displayed.
- Find the compute resource pools that you want to add to the network container:
- You can page through a list by clicking the Page button .
- You can search for compute resource pools by entering a search string in the Search box and clicking the Search icon .
- Select one or more compute resource pools in the Available Compute Pools table and click Add to move them to the Selected Compute Pools table.
You can also drag and drop compute resource pools from the Available Compute Pools table to the Selected Compute Pools table.
- Click Save.
The selected compute pools are mapped to the network container.