High-level steps for setting up providers and resources
Before resources can be used in the cloud, you must first make BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management aware of those resources. This procedure describes how to set up resource providers and resources within BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management so that they can be used when provisioning services in the cloud. For more overview information about resources, see Resource management overview and Resource provider overview.
Before you begin
- Ensure that one or more virtual clusters have been configured through BMC Server Automation and exist in the network.
- Ensure that one or more network pods and network container blueprints exist in the registered BMC Network Automation provider instance.
Setting up providers and resources
The following outlines the high-level steps to onboard and use resources within the cloud:
- Register a resource provider, as described in Registering resource providers.
- Onboard a pod into BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management, as described in Onboarding and offboarding network pods.
- Import network container blueprints, as described in Importing network container blueprints.
- Create a network container, as described in Creating network containers.
- Onboard compute resources, as described in Onboarding compute resources.
- Create a compute pool, as described in Creating compute resource pools.
- Map compute resource pools to network containers, as described in Mapping compute pools to network containers.
- Configure storage resources, as described in Configuring VND storage resources.