Adding compute resources to compute resource pools
After onboarding a compute resource, you must add it to a compute resource pool before the resource can be used. This topic describes how to add compute resources to compute resource pools; it contains the following sections:
To add compute resources to a compute resource pool
- From the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console, click the vertical Workspaces menu on the left side of the window and select Resources.
- Under Quick Links on the left, click Compute Pools under the Compute section.
- Select the pool to which want to add compute resources, and click the Edit icon
The Edit Compute Pool dialog box is displayed.
Pod, Provider Name, and Resource Type cannot be changed.
- In the Search box under Resources, you can either enter a search string to search for resources or you can leave it blank to search for all resources that match the pool's Pod, Provider Name, and Resource Type.
- Click the Search icon.
The matching resources are displayed in the Available Resources table.
- Select one or more resources and click Add to add the resources to the compute resource pool.
- Click Save.
The resources are added to the compute resources pool and are available for use.