Managing a Savvis Provider
Savvis – A CenturyLink Company (formerly Savvis Communications Corporation) is a subsidiary of CenturyLink. Savvis provides web hosting and cloud computing services to address IT requirements of private and government customers. The cloud computing services are provided under the brand name Savvis Symphony.
The Savvis integration with BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management enables you to leverage the cloud computing services of Savvis from the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console. You can use BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management to provision infrastructure from Savvis Symphony Virtual Private Data Center services.
The following topics describe how to customize BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management to manage Savvis resources.
- Overview of the Savvis Provider
- Installing and configuring the Savvis Provider
- Upgrading from Savvis Provider 1.0 to Savvis Provider 2.0
- Configuring Savvis resources in BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
- Managing Savvis service offerings
To understand how BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management objects correspond to Savvis constructs, see Savvis construct mappings.
Before you begin
- Ensure BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio Version 7.6.02.04 is installed.
- Ensure BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager Version 7.6.02.04 is installed.
- Ensure that you have the Savvis provider installation files. For more information, see Downloading provider installation files for third-party cloud platforms (optional).
- Ensure that your Savvis user account has the required permissions to access and work with the Savvis APIs and resources.
- Ensure that the IP address of the machine from where the Savvis APIs are called is white-labelled with Savvis.
Email VpdcApiRequest@savvis.com to get your machine's IP address white-labelled with Savvis.
- Understand the limitations of the Savvis resource provider.