Creating and processing of service target groups
The Service Level Management (SLM) manager can create a group of service targets to change the behavior of service targets. After the case and task attributes that define the service target—priority, assigned group, and so on change, the service target attached to the case and task also changes. If the service targets are grouped, the new service target inherits the measurement data from the previous service target. The time calculations continue from the previous service target. Therefore, even if the new service target is attached, the due date is recalculated after considering the time spent on the earlier service target.
Why must I create service target groups?
You can create a group of service targets if you fulfill the following conditions:
Request-based service targets
Service target groups work only for request-based service targets. For example, BMC Helix Business Workflows uses request-based service targets to measure the time spent on service requests.
Require consolidated data of time spent on a case
When service targets are grouped, time calculations happen in a single measurement data irrespective of the changes in service target attributes. The single measurement record gives you the consolidated time spent on resolving cases. When service targets are not grouped, separate measurement records are created for each change in the attribute, and you have to manually calculate the consolidated time spent on the case.
How service target measurements are calculated before and after adding to a group
In BMC Helix Business Workflows, assume that the priority-based service target group has three service targets—high, medium, and low. Based on the priority of a record (case and task), the appropriate service target is attached to the record. When the record creator changes its priority, a new service target is attached, and the measurement data is updated.
For example, a high priority case has the high priority service target attached to it. If the case creator changes the priority of the case from high to medium, the medium priority service target is attached. The new service target inherits the start time from high priority service target and continues as medium priority service target, as shown in the following graphic:
|Processing of service targets before adding to a group||Processing of service targets after adding to a group|
All service targets in a group must have unique Start When qualification that defines when the measurements should start. If there is more than one service target with the same Start When qualification in a group, the first service target that was created and matched the Start When qualification is considered for measurement.
To create a service target group
Log in to BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- Click My Application Settings
The Settings page opens in a new browser tab. .
- Navigate to Service Level Management > Service Target Group.
- (Version 20.08.01) From the Line of Business list, select the line of business for which you want to create a service target group.
- Click Service Target Group.
(Version 20.08.01) In the Line of Business field, the line of business that you selected for the service target group is displayed.
- In the Add Service Target Group pane, in Group Name, type a name for the group.
- From the Data Source list, select the data source that applies to the service target group.
- From the Goal Type list, select the goal type that applies to the service target group.
To add a service target in a group, from the Available Service Targets list, select the check box corresponding to the service target.
One service target can be part of only one group at a time.
- To remove a service target from a group, from the Service Targets in group list, clear the check box corresponding to the service target.
- Click Save.
To delete a service target group
Consider the following points before deleting a service target group:
- After deleting a service target group, the service targets in the group are not deleted.
- After deleting a service target group, the time calculated for the earlier service target is not considered and the calculation start over again.
- You cannot retrieve a deleted service target group.
Follow these steps to delete a service target group:
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Service Level Management > Service Target Group.
- (Version 20.08.01) From the Line of Business list, select the line of business for which you want to delete a service target group.
On the Service Target Groups page, select the group and click Delete.