Installing BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 18.08.01
This topic provides instructions for downloading and installing Patch 1 for BMC Remedy Smart Reporting version 18.08.
Before you begin
|Standalone: BMC Remedy Smart Reporting is installed on a stand alone machine.||Run the Smart Reporting patch installer. For instructions, see 18.08.01: Patch 1 for version 18.08.|
|Same server: BMC Remedy Smart Reporting and BMC Remedy AR System 18.08 are installed on the same server.|
- You must have installed or upgraded to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 18.08.
- You must have deployed the BMC Remedy AR System 18.08.01 package. For instructions, see 18.08.01: Patch 1 for version 18.08.
- If the default %TEMP% directory has insufficient space, increase the available space or change its location.
- If the Java version is upgraded to a new version on the machine where BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 18.08 is installed, update the Java path as mentioned in Updating Java paths after upgrading Java.
- To prepare for installing the patch as a nonroot user, see Install as a nonroot user.
To review the patches currently installed on the server
Open the Maintenance Tool (installed under C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\arsystem).
Click Browse to Log.
Scroll through the Navigation pane to find the <Product>InstalledConfiguration.xml file for the product patch that you installed. For example:
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\ARSystemInstalledConfiguration.xml
Double-click the file to open it in the Maintenance Tool.
Click the Product Feature Map tab.
To install the patch
- Download the patch installer from the BMC Electronic Product Download site, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD.
For more information on downloading, see 18.08.01: Patch 1 for version 18.08.
- Unzip the AR installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run the setup.exe.
- For UNIX, log on as root and run setup.bin.
- In the lower right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
On the Patch contents panel, open the URL to review what is included in the patch, and then click Next.
- If you have the BMC Remedy AR System server installed on the computer and the value of the environment variable BMC_AR_SYSTEM_HOME is set to the specified location where the AR System server is installed, the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel is displayed.
- If you have installed only BMC Remedy Smart Report or only BMC Remedy Mid Tier and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting, the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel is not displayed.
On the Installation Preview panel, review the list of patch fixes that you are installing, and then click Install.
When the patch installation is finished and the Installation Summary panel appears, click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. The installation log is located in the %TEMP% folder of your computer. For example:
When you finish reviewing the log, close it.
To exit the patch installer, click Done.
Use the Maintenance Tool to review the patch information.
To install the patch in a cluster environment
- Remove the administrator server from the load balancer.
- On the administrator server, install the patch by following the instructions that are provided in this topic.
- Enable the administrator server on the load balancer.
- On each of the non-administrator servers, perform the following steps:
- Remove the non-administrative server from the load balancer.
- Install the patch by following the instructions that are provided in this topic.
- Enable the server on the load balancer.
To perform a silent installation
Open a command window and navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
Run the installer with the
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>\Options.txt
setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>/Options.txt
You must use an absolute path to the Options.txt file.
After the installation is complete, verify whether the C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\arsystem_install_log.txt file contains the following message:
BMC Remedy Action Request System 1808 Patch 001 install succeeded.
After installing the patch, if the Java version on your machine is upgraded to a newer version, BMC Remedy AR system and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting might not work. For the BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting to work successfully after the Java version upgrade, you must update the Java paths by using the instructions mentioned in Updating Java paths after upgrading Java.
Where to go from here
- For information about the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting issues corrected in this patch, see
To install other platform and application components, see 18.08.01: Patch 1 for version 18.08.