Configuring other BMC applications to support Atrium Service Context
After you install BMC CMDB, you must perform manual configuration steps to enable Service Context. The following procedures enable you use to use BMC Atrium Service Context in applications like BMC Atrium Explorer or BMC Server Automation.
To configure the AR System server to support Service Context
You can ignore this procedure if the AR System server is already configured in BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
- Access the BMC Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool by using the URL:
- When prompted, enter your Mid Tier password.
- In AR Server Settings, enter your AR server information in the following fields:
Port# (if applicable)
RPC# (if applicable)
For information on these settings, see BMC Remedy Mid Tier configuration in the BMC Remedy Action Request System online documentation.
- Click Save AR Server.
- Update the Mid Tier cache.
To configure the default web path in Remedy AR System
- Access the BMC Remedy AR System by using the URL:
- When prompted, enter your BMC Remedy AR System user name and password.
- From the AR System Administration Console, select System > General > Server Information.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Default Web Path field, enter the fully qualified domain name of the Mid Tier server.
For example, enter:
- Click Apply.
- Close the console.
To customize the Service Context Summary
By default, the Service Context Summary window only displays certain attributes supplied by BMC Atrium Core. The caching interval and other properties are also set at specific default values.
Depending on your environment, you might want to configure BMC Atrium Service Context to do the following:
- Show additional attributes
- Show more or less history for certain attributes, such as Completed Changes
- Specify queries to filter related CIs
- Change the caching interval
For more information on these and other settings, see Configuring attributes in the Service Context Administration window and Configuring BMC Atrium Service Context cache and data retrieval settings.
For other setup steps that might be required by your BMC applications, see:
- Configuring BMC Atrium Service Context for BMC Remedy ITSM applications
- Online documentation for other compatible BMC applications, located at http://docs.bmc.com