Upgrading the Real End User Experience Monitoring using the wizard
Where you are in the Upgrade process
|1||Preparing to upgrade TrueSight Operations Management solution|
|2||Upgrade Remedy Single Sign-On|
|3||Upgrade TrueSight Presentation Server|
|4||Upgrade TrueSight Infrastructure Management|
|5||Upgrade App Visibility Manager|
|6||Upgrade Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition — Phase A (You are here)|
|Upgrade Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition — Phase B|
|7||Upgrade TrueSight IT Data Analytics|
You can use this procedure to install the BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition upgrade with the installation wizard, or you can perform a silent upgrade.
To upgrade BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition
On the system where you want to install the software edition, complete the following procedure.
As a user with root privileges, navigate to Disk1 in the directory where you extracted the .zip file and run ./setup.bin.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the End User License Agreement page, read the agreement and select the I agree to the terms of the license agreement option, and click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the installation process will not continue.
- The installation utility automatically detects the components on the system, and will indicate which components will be upgraded. Click Next.
- If you selected to install the Real User Analyzer, you must enter the path to the activation key file that you received from BMC Customer Support, enter the company's name, and click Next. The company's name must match the name that is in the activation key file. If you do not have an activation key file, contact BMC Customer Support.
If you do not have an activation key file, you can use the Real User Analyzer for a 30-day trial period by leaving the path to the activation key file empty and entering your company's name.
- Click Browse and select the activation key file's location and then click Next.
- For SNMP functionality, select the Enable SNMP box. The default SNMP port number can be changed, if necessary.
If you want to enable SNMP functionality after the installation is finished, you can through the component's interface.
- Check that the installation details are correct and click Install.
- Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
A log file is available at the location specified in the Installation Summary page.
You can view the Real User Analyzer and Collector installation euem_install_log.txt log file in the /tmp folder.