Upgrading Remedy SSO in the standalone mode using the Remedy installer wizard
Where you are in the Upgrade process
|1||Preparing to upgrade TrueSight Operations Management solution
|2||Upgrade Remedy Single Sign-On (You are here)|
|3||Upgrade TrueSight Presentation Server|
|4||Upgrade TrueSight Infrastructure Management|
|5||Upgrade App Visibility Manager|
|6||Upgrade Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition|
|7||Upgrade TrueSight IT Data Analytics|
The topic provides information and instructions for upgrading Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) from an earlier version using the Remedy installer wizard.
Remedy SSO upgrade process
The following table describes in detail the Remedy SSO upgrade process.
|Upgrade||What occurs during the upgrade|
|Remedy SSO application||
|HA environment with Remedy SSO||
Planning to upgrade to Remedy SSO version 18.11 or later
If you have installed and configured TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO (consolidated installer) version 11.0 or 11.3.01, upgrading the Remedy SSO to 18.11 or later fails with upgrade exceptions. Do the following to resolve this issue:
- Log in to your existing Remedy SSO server and navigate to the
- Open the
- Set the
- Upgrade the Remedy SSO to version 18.11 or later.
- After a successful upgrade, reset the
Plan for system downtime before upgrading Remedy SSO
If you are using SAML authentication in your Remedy SSO environment, before you upgrade, decide whether you want to plan for the system downtime or not. Based on your plan, choose between these two options:
- If you plan for the system downtime, do the following:
- If you do not want to plan for the system downtime, do the following:
To upgrade Remedy SSO using the wizard-based Remedy installer
The web container (Tomcat server) in which BMC Remedy SSO server integrations are running will be restarted during an upgrade of Tomcat.
Run the installation program based on your operating system.
- For Microsoft Windows, run setup.exe.
- For Linux, run sh setup.sh.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Select the Upgrade BMC Remedy SSO <version1> to <version2> option, and then click Next.
- In the Installation Preview window, click Install.
- In the Installation Summary window, click Done.
Do the following:
- If you had modified the web.xml file during the upgrade, ensure that you reapply the changes after the upgrade.
(Optional) If you have configured your Remedy SSO with SAML authentication, reconfigure using these steps:Confirgure the SAML authentication steps
For each realm that is configured for SAML authentication, perform the following steps:
- Edit the realm to enter PEM encoded IdP signing certificate data in the IdP Signing Certificate field or import the IdP metadata again. Ensure that the other SAML configuration is same as before except the IdP Signing Certificate field data.
- Save the details.
When you configure the SAML authentication parameters for the Presentation Server, you must set the User ID Transformation field to RemoveEmailDomain and enable the Force Authentication check box.