Preparing for upgrade of the TEA Agent
Perform the following tasks on a Windows host computer before you upgrade the BMC Synthetic Transaction Execution Adapter (TEA) Agent utility:
- Verify that all requirements described in TEA Agent system requirements are met.
- Download the installation files.
Multiple versions of Synthetic TEA Agent are not supported on the same computer. Ensure that you upgrade all of the Synthetic TEA Agent to the latest version.
To configure the required Terminal Server options
On Windows, to run the installation utility through a Terminal Services connection or a remote desktop session, configure the Terminal Server options that pertain to temporary folders.
You must configure the Terminal Server options only once on a host computer. You do not have to configure the options if you reinstall a TrueSight product on the same host computer.
Do the following:
- On the host computer, open the Local Group Policy Editor by selecting Start > Run, and type gpedit.msc.
- Expand the following folder: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Temporary folders.
- Double-click the following options to set them to Enabled:
- Do not delete temp folder upon exit
- Do not use temporary folders per session
- On the host computer, open the Registry Editor by selecting Start > Run and typing regedit.
- Expand the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server.
- Set the value for PerSessionTempDir and DeleteTempDirsOnExit to 0.
- Restart the computer.
You can revert these changes after you complete the installation process. You might need to restart the computer.
Changing security certificates
If you are implementing custom security certificates, follow the instructions in Applying private certificates to Synthetic TEA Agents.
Where to go from here
If you are installing the product, perform the other preinstallation tasks listed in the Preparing to install the TrueSight Operations Management solution page.