Applying feature packs or fix packs on IT Data Analytics using the wizard
Where you are in the Applying feature packs or fix packs process
|1||Prepare to apply the feature pack or fix pack|
|2||Apply the feature pack or fix pack on the TrueSight Presentation Server|
|3||Apply the feature pack or fix pack on Infrastructure Management|
|4||Apply the feature pack or fix pack on App Visibility Manager|
|5||Apply the feature pack or fix pack on IT Data Analytics (You are here)|
To apply feature packs or fix packs on IT Data Analytics using the wizard
- Log on to the host computer as a user with administrator privileges and extract the downloaded files to a temporary directory.
- To start the upgrade, run the appropriate file:
- (Windows) Right-click setup.exe and select Run as administrator.
- (Linux) Run setup.bin using non-root user credentials.
- On the welcome page, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
The utility checks the for installed software components and available space.
(Optional) Select the option to start TrueSight IT Data Analytics services after the installation completes.
Preview the details and click Install to start the installation.
After the installation is complete, the Installation Summary page is displayed.
- (Optional) Click View log to view the installation log details on the screen. From the log view, you can expand and view the log messages.
- Click Done to exit the installation program.
To verify that the feature pack or fix pack has been installed successfully:
- (Windows): Navigate to Start > Run > services.msc and verify that all the product services have started.
- (Linux): Navigate to the $BMC_ITDA_HOME/services/bin directory and run the
Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Troubleshooting a failed upgrade
If you face any upgrade-related issues, consider rolling back to an earlier version before you try upgrading again. For more information, Rolling back a failed upgrade.
Where to go from here
Now that you have installed the feature pack or fix pack on the TrueSight Operations Management solution, see the Release notes and notices to learn about the product enhancements and fixes.