Performing the Real End User Experience Monitoring upgrade silently
You can install the BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition upgrade unattended (a silent installation), which requires no user interaction during installation. You can perform a silent upgrade, as described in this topic, or you can use the .
The server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt file is used to configure the BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition silent installation.
This file is located in the Disk1 directory of the BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition installation file structure.
The following topics are included:
Before you begin
Before you begin upgrading the Real User Analyzer or Collector:
- There must be an earlier Real User Analyzer or Collector Software Edition version installed on the system.
- The installation files have been downloaded and extracted from the zipped distribution file to a directory where the root user has write and execute permissions.
- You must have reviewed the system requirements for the Real User Analyzer and Collector and the preparations for upgrading these Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition components.
To configure the silent installation file
On the system where you want to install the Real User Analyzer and Collector, complete the following procedure:
Use a text editor to open the server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt file.
(Optional) To prevent upgrading an Analyzer or Collector installation, add a # symbol to beginning of the relevant line.
-A featureEuemAnalyzer -A featureEuemCollector
Verify the configuration information and change the port number or SNMP status, if required.
Ensure that the port number you enter is available.
-J snmp_port=161 -J snmp_active=false
Parameter Description snmp_port Port number for the SNMP service. The default SNMP port number can be changed, if necessary. snmp_active Change to true to enable SNMP.
Enter the activation key information.
-J analyzer_activation_key_file_path= -J analyzer_company_name_for_activation=
Enter the path to the activation key file that you received from BMC Customer Support.
If you do not have an activation key file, you can use the Real User Analyzer for a 30-day trial period by entering the Trial in this field.
Note: Contact BMC Customer Support to receive an activation key file for the Real User Analyzer.
The company name must match the name that is in the activation key file you received from BMC Customer Support.
If you do not have an activation key file, you can use the Real User Analyzer for a 30-day trial period by entering your company's name.
- Save and close the server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt file.
To upgrade BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition silently
- In a command line, navigate to the Disk1 folder in the installation file structure.
- Enter the following command:
./setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<Full File Path>/server-silent-