Installing Integration Service and Remote Cell
This section provides instructions for installing a Integration Service and Remote Cell on Microsoft Windows for the first time.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you do not install Integration Service on the same computer where you have installed the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
- Ensure that the computer on which you are installing the product adheres to the requirements described in the Preparing to install Infrastructure Management.
To install Integration Service and Remote Cell on Microsoft Windows
Access one of the following locations and download the Integration Service installation program:
- DVD — Insert the installation DVD. In the <installLocation>\Windows directory, open the TSIMAgent\Windows folder.
- BMC Software EPD website—For more information about downloading the installation program from the BMC Software EPD website, see Downloading the Infrastructure Management installation files.
- TrueSight console—For more information about downloading the installation program from the TrueSight console, see Downloading and installing additional instances of the Integration Service.
- Save the TSIMAgent.zip file on your drive and extract its contents. Open the install.cmd file with the Run as administrator option.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
The preinstallation check utility verifies whether the computer meets the requirements for installing the Integration Service. If the preinstallation check fails, the errors or warnings are listed in the Notification page. In that case, ensure that you correct the issues, and restart the installation process.
A warning is displayed if the Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed on the computer. Install Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.0 by using the Role Management tool.
If you want to install an additional Integration Service, on the Existing Installed Instances Detected page, select Install a new instance of this application.
- On the Directory Selection page, retain the default directory (\Program Files\BMC Software\TSIMAgent), or select a directory of your choice, and click Next.
Do not install the product in a root directory (for example, C: or D: ), shared drive, or directly in the Documents and Settings folder.
On the Component selection page, select the components that you want to install, and click Next. The following table lists the components that you can install and the procedure to install and configure them:
Configuring the Integration Service
TrueSight Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
Configuring the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
Integration Service and TrueSight Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
Configuring the Integration Service and the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
- Review the Installation Preview page, and click Install to start the installation.
- On the Installation Summary page, click View Log to view the log file, or click Done to exit the installation.
- If you modify the control port of a service explicitly through the pronet.conf file, the port number is not updated in the Add/Remove Programs applet and in the Agent Service display name field.
- Each Integration Service on a system runs in a separate Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- You can check the version number of the Integration Service in the installationDirectory\Agent\pronto\bin\AGENT_VERSION file.
- To upgrade a BMC Event and Impact Management cell, see Migrating event management from BMC Event and Impact Management to Infrastructure Management.
- If you are monitoring the Integration Service for a process crash using the Microsoft Debug Diagnostics Tool (DebugDiag tool), BMC recommends that in the Services window, you stop and start the service, instead of restarting the service.
Where to go from here