Downloading and installing additional instances of the Integration Service
The Integration Service collects device-specific data such as CPU usage, memory usage, and other data specific to the host operating system and enable Infrastructure Management Servers to remotely gather statistical data from all supported operating systems. The Integration Service can collect data from PATROL and external products, such as, HP Operations Manager and IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
You can download an installation utility for the Integration Service from the TrueSight console and install the Integration Services on additional network elements in the enterprise that you want to monitor.
BMC recommends that you install the Integration Service and the Infrastructure Management server on separate computers.
To download and install Integration Service software
- Log on to the TrueSight console.
- In the navigation pane, expand Configuration and select Managed Devices.
- Select the Infrastructure Management server where you want to install the software.
- Click the common action menu and select Launch Downloads console.
The Downloads console opens in a new browser tab or window.
From the Infrastructure Management Integration Service Software table, select the file for a specified operating system, and save the file to the computer on which you want to install the Integration Service.
- Run the file and follow the instructions detailed in:
- On Microsoft Windows, if you enabled the Integration Service on a previously installed Integration Service on the same computer, then you do not need to enable the service again. You are not prompted with the Configuring Integration Service option for subsequent agent installations on the same computer.
- The downloadable software for the remote cell on the HP-UX operating system is available only on the .