Configuring the primary Infrastructure Management Server (SAP SQL Anywhere)
This section explains the steps you must perform to configure the primary TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server for a disaster recovery system.
For example, this section explains the steps required to configure the primary TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server of Calbro Services at Amsterdam, amsterdam.calbro.com, for disaster recovery.
You can enable Disaster Recovery Mode in one of two ways:
- Option #1: At the time of installation.
- Option #2: After installation, with the
pw system change hostnamecommand
Choose only Option #1 or Option #2 in the following steps:
Step 1: Edit the hosts files
In the hosts file, add an entry for the alias name of the primary TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
- Open the hosts file, located in the following directory:
- (Windows) \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\etc
- (UNIX) /etc
In the hosts file, add an entry for the alias name set for the primary TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server by using the following syntax:
127.0.0.1 localhost <aliasName> ::1 localhost <aliasName> (for IPv6 systems)
For the Calbro Services example,
<aliasName> refers to pronet, which was set as the primary TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
Step 2: Install BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server
On the primary server, install TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server and record the values set for the following parameters. You must specify the same values when you install TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server on the recovery server.
- Installation location. You must install the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server on the recovery server at the same location.
- SIM cell inputs. Record the instance name, port, and encryption key.
- Admin cell inputs. Record the port and encryption key.
- Administrator information. Record the sender email address, administrator email address, and name of the SMTP server.
- Central Monitoring Repository. Record the destination directory.
(Option #1) To enable Disaster Recovery Mode at the time of installation
- On Configuration Tasks screen, select Disaster Recovery Mode.
- On the Configuring Disaster Recovery screen, enter the Hostname Alias. The default alias is
For detailed information about the installation of TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server, see the following topics:
- (Windows) Installing the Infrastructure Management Server on Microsoft Windows with SAP SQL Anywhere
- (Linux) Installing the Infrastructure Management Server on Linux with SAP SQL Anywhere
Step 3: (Windows only) Set the startup type of Infrastructure Management services to manual
- On a command prompt, type
services.msc, and press Enter.
- Access the properties of the following services, and set the Startup type to Manual.
- Infrastructure Management Database Engine
- TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server
Step 4: (Option #2) Enabling Disaster Recovery after installation
To enable Disaster Recovery after installation, perform the following steps:
- Open the
pw system stop
- Verify that all processes are stopped with command
pw system status
pw system change hostname <aliasName>
pw system change hostname command tells the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server software to use
<aliasName> for the server name. This does not modify the server's actual host name.
Step 5: Validate the configuration
- Launch the operator console by using the alias name set for the primary TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server in a browser.
For the Calbro Services example, access the console through the following URL:
- Validate the data by using the FlashCheck option.
For more details about the FlashCheck option, see Examining current data (FlashCheck).
If your BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server setup has any integrations with other products, ensure that all references to BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server point to the DNS