11.3.02.01: Patch 1 for BMC PATROL Agent 11.3.02
This section contains information about fixes in this patch, and provides instructions for downloading and installing the patch. For information about corrected issues in this patch, see Known and corrected issues.
This topic provides instructions for downloading and installing this patch:
Downloading the patch and installation utility from the EPD website
The following table provides links to the page in the EPD website that contains the installation files for this patch. From the EPD page you can select and download the patch files for your platform. Access to the EPD website requires that you provide your BMC Support credentials. You might also be prompted to complete the Export Compliance Form.
|Component||EPD Link||Installation file names|
|PATROL Installation Utility 11.3.00|
|PATROL Agent 11.3.02 Patch 1|
Installing the patch
The PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 patch contains all of the files that are required for a complete product release.
Follow one of the following procedures to install PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01:
To install PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 as a fresh installation
You can use any of the following methods to install PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 as a fresh installation:
To install using the TrueSight console, see Installing in a TrueSight Operations environment.
Recommendation for the users of TrueSight Operations Management 10.5 and later versions
- If you are using TrueSight Operations Management, import the PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 patch as a single solution.
- If you want to install just the PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 patch, create a deployment package only with PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 patch and deploy it on PATROL Agent hosts.
- If you have previously created a Monitoring package located within the Deployable packages of Infrastructure Monitoring Administration, add PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 patch to existing Monitoring package and update.
- If you are newly creating the package, ensure you add PATROL Agent 11.3.02.01 patch to the Monitoring Installation package.
For more information, see
- If you want to apply the patch using the TrueSight console, ensure that you provide the root credentials for PATROL Agents running on Unix/Linux platforms while creating or updating monitoring packages to include the patch. If the patch installation fails, revert to the previous version of the installation using the root credentials.
To install in a Windows environment, see Installing in Windows Environment.
- To install in a Unix environment, see Installing in UNIX environment.
To upgrade the PATROL Agent from an earlier version to 11.3.02.01
To upgrade from an earlier version of a PATROL Agent to 11.3.02.01, see Upgrading.